Fax: (816) 649-5015
401 B East Grand Ave.
Cameron, Missouri 64429
NW Lay Servant Training
Lay Servant Ministries offer opportunities for laity who desire to use their witness, leadership, and service to inspire others to a deeper commitment to Christ and more effective discipleship. This may include the interpretation of the Scriptures, doctrine, organization, and ministries of the church.
The spring Lay Servant Training will be held at two different locations offering the same three courses at each location.
Course Cost: $20 includes lunch
- Richmond UMC, 212 W. Main St., Richmond, MO 64085
- Mound City UMC, 312 E 7th St., Mound City, MO 64470
- The Basic Course, using Lay Servant Ministries: Basic Course Participants Book, by S. Zeigler-Jackson & B. Jackson, is foundational for all advance courses. Participants are encouraged to consider the importance of exercising servant leadership, developing future leaders and remaining rooted in consistent spiritual practices.
- Leading Worship, using the book Worshiping with United Methodist by H. Hickman. This course focuses on the ministry of the Lay Servant who either regularly or occasionally leads a group, class, or the congregation in worship. Participants will come to understand more about Christian worship in order to lead worship with more confidence.
- Lay Servants as Christian Transformational Leaders, book by Brown, Merry, and Briggs will guide Lay Servants seeking to be more empowered to lead their congregations toward vitality. Written with two distinct purposes, Lay Servants as Christian Transformational Leaders will first define the three disciplines of Christian transformational leadership and the four qualities of Christian transformational leaders.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT DUE BY: MARCH 4, 2019
You can register online at https://missouri-reg.brtapp.com/316LayServant or mail in the paper registration form.