NW Lay Servant Training
The Spring Lay Servant Courses will be offered on Saturday, March 14th at two different locations in the district: SmithvilleUMC and Tarkio UMC. The same three courses will be offered at each location, see course and location details below.
- Smithville UMC (505 N. Highway 169, Smithville)
- Tarkio UMC (201 N. 6th, Tarkio)
- Advance Course -> Aging & Ministry in the 21st Century, using the book by the same name by Richard Gentzler, Jr. He is an Ordained Elder in The United Methodist Church and the Director of The Center on Aging & Older Adult Ministries, General Board of Discipleship. This course is a practical guide for building ministry for older adults.
- Core Polity Course -> Life Together in the United Methodist Connection, using the book The Method of Our Mission by Laceye Warner. This course gives participants an overview of the structure and organization of the United Methodist Church. A copy of the 2016 Book of Discipline is recommended for this course.
- Core Spiritual Gifts Course -> The Discover Your Spiritual Gifts, using Each One a Minister book by William Carter. This course helps participants understand spiritual gifts and how the church can use them to fulfill its mission and ministry.
Registration Deadline is February 25, 2020.
Pre-course work will be assigned a few weeks prior to the class date.
Books available at COKESBURY.COM, Amazon.com or most Christian book stores. Be sure to read your book prior to class and other pre-homework may be assigned.