2020 Charge Conference
posted on July 28
Schedule & Registration:
In taking precautions to keep everyone safe and healthy this charge conference season, the Northwest District is moving our fall cluster charge conferences online through a virtual platform. We have several dates and times available list below and registration will be required to attend, see details below.
- Thursday, October 1st at 4:00 PM (Session Full)
- Sunday, October 4th at 2:00 PM, 4:00 PM or 6:00 PM (All Sessions Full)
- Monday, October 5th at 6:00 PM (Session Full)
- Thursday, October 8th at 12:00 PM or 6:00 PM
- Sunday, October 11th at 4:00 PM (Session Full)
- Monday, October 12th at 6:00 PM
Have lots of questions about virtual Charge Conference? Watch this video.
Virtual Charge Conference from Northwest District UMC on Vimeo.
How to Register? The pastor can register themselves and voting lay member(s) using the registration button below or each person can register individually. We need an email addresses for each person that will be voting, as each person will need to be on their own device (phone, tablet or computer) to cast their votes.
What do you need to attend charge conference? All paperwork needs to be signed and submitted to the Northwest District office by September 14th. All clergy and laity attending the virtual charge conference need a copy of all the paperwork in front of them in order to vote.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- I have registered but cannot find my confirmation email? Do not fear! We will resend out confirmation emails will be sent out a week prior to your date and 1-2 hours prior to the actual conference.
- What do I do if I need to add more people to our registration? Email the district office at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name, email and position title of the person that needs to be signed up.
- How are we going to vote? We will be using a polling feature to vote on all the necessary items. When we are ready to vote, a screen will pop up and you select Approve, Oppose, or Abstain and submit.
- I am worried about my internet connection or cell phone coverage, what do I do? Please call Megan at 816-832-3599 and we can schedule a test run to ensure your connection will work. Remember: do not worry, we got this together!
- Our leadership is going to gather at the church to watch the charge conference together, what do we need to do to ensure voting is done? First, everyone attending needs wear masks and stay 6 feet apart. Then one person needs to be in charge of minutes of the votes of the group and roll call (attendance) of everyone there.
- Who can vote at charge conference? By Book of Disciple, clergy can vote and all members of the Simplified Leadership Board or Church Council.
- Can people that are not voting members attend charge conference? Yes, it is encourage that churches invite their candidates for ministry, lay servants, and leadership. They will need to register and click abstain when the voting happens.
Below are links to view charge conference forms:
- 2020 Charge Conference Checklist
- 2021 Lay Supply Pastor Support
- Local Church Officers for Election (Nominations Sheet)
- Officer Contact Information
- 2020 Report of Board of Trustees
- Care of Members Report
- 2020 Lay Servant Annual Report
- Pastor Parish Relations Committee Report
- Retired Clergy Report
- Deacon Annual Report
- Extension Ministry Annual Report
- Leave and Honorable Location Annual Report
- Simplified Structure forms are available only by request. Please email (email@example.com) if you need the form.
- 2021 Full-Time Pastoral Support Form - Multiple Churches (New Form Now Available)
- 2021 Full-Time Pastoral Support Form - Single Church (New Form Now Available)
- 2021 Part-Time Pastoral Support Form - Multiple Churches
- 2021 Part-Time Pastoral Support Form - Single Church
- 2021 Salary & Compensation Minimums
Training:Check out the recording of the 2020 Charge Conference Paperwork Webinar: Click Here
Need Additional Help? Set up a time for virtual appointment, call or email us to schedule! Morgan (816-649-5028 – firstname.lastname@example.org) or Megan (816-832-3599 – email@example.com).