Fax: (816) 649-5015
401 B East Grand Ave.
Cameron, Missouri 64429
NW Leadership Training - February 10th
posted on December 20
The Northwest District is excited to have a training designed for laity on Sunday, February 10th from 2:00 - 5:00 pm. There will be worship, several options for workshops and time for collaboration in the district. To help increase access to this information, we are offering this training at two different locations in the district: Platte Woods UMC and Gilman City UMC. Below is more information about the workshops available.
- Simplified Leadership Structure REBOOT- This workshop is required and only offered for churches currently operating under the simplified structure model. The pastor and one leadership council member is required to be in attendance. It focuses how to be successful in using this model and allow for increasing mission and accountability to make disciples for Jesus Christ.
- Simplified Leadership Structure INTRODUCTION - This workshop for any church interested in learning more about the simplified structure leadership model and currently not using it. The workshop explores the benefits and purpose of this model of leadership in which all administrative councils (Trustees, PPR, Finance) transition into one Leadership Board.
- New Places New People (Platte Woods Location Only) - Explore new ways to reach out to the mission field our churches serve in meaningful ways through new small groups, recovery ministries, missional communities, new worship services or new sites for ministry.
- New Places New People (Gilman City Location Only) - Doing Ministry in a Community less than 1000 people. Rev. Kobey Puls will lead the workshop to discuss the reality check that in 15 years your church will look completely different than it does today. On February 10th, we will discuss (and celebrate!) the unique opportunities we have as a church in a small community.
- Traditional Structure PPRC & Trustees - During this workshop, we will explore all of the functions of the Pastor Parish Relations Committee (PPRC) and the Trustees in the church.
2:00 - Welcome & Worship
2:45 - Session #1 Workshops
4:00 - Session #2 Workshops