Funding and Grants
Northwest District Ministry Grant
Application closes February 1st and August 1st
The Northwest District offers an opportunity for churches to apply for ministry grants and youth grants in the Spring and Fall. The Spring deadline is February 1st and Fall deadline is August 1st. Grants will be awarded to churches that are requesting funds to support current ministries or future ministries. See link to the application below for more information about the criteria and requirements for applying.
Online Application: Apply Now
Northwest District Ice Cream Social Grant
Application closes on July 15
Since Missouri turns 200 years old as a state on August 10th, the Missouri Bicentennial Committee is celebrating with ice cream socials all over the state. The link to more information about the Missouri 2021 Bicentennial: https://missouri2021.org/ice-cream-social/
An ice cream social might be a great way for your church to serve the community in your area. It is also a neat way to honor our state and share ice cream with those who live in your church’s mission field. It has been a rough year and we have missed fellowship. As areas are opening back up again, how about we celebrate? The district wants to help your church reach into the community.
The Northwest District of the Missouri Annual Conference is offering grants up to $250 for your church to host a community ice cream social. The application is available online and printable versions, due July 15.
Below are the expectations for receiving the Ice Cream Social Grant: (Printable Info Sheet)
- The funds are to be applied to the expense of ice cream and supplies.
- You need to invite the neighborhood. Yes, this is an idea for the church to reach into the community. This means getting word out to the neighbors and community.
- The event takes place around August 10.
- Required to send the district a picture of the event or post on the district’s Facebook page or Instagram account. Morgan, in the district office can help this happen for you.
Ideas for this community event? Think creatively, but here are some ideas to get you started...
- a local ice cream truck to work with and have them park in your church parking lot during that designated time to serve ice cream that you have pre-purchased from them for free.
- Go to your local grocery store and buy ice cream treats (ice cream sandwiches, ice cream cups, etc.), put them in coolers on ice and have volunteers hand out ice cream and greet people.
- Have volunteers make homemade ice cream and other volunteers serve the ice cream in your parking lot, greeting people as they serve.
- Another brilliant idea around ice cream and serving your neighborhood.
Grant Application: The deadline to apply is July 15, 2021. You can fill out the printable application (Printable Form) and return it via mail (401B East Grand Ave., Cameron MO 64429) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fill out the online application.
Online Application: Apply Now
Questions? Call the office at 816-649-5028 or email Megan Hayes at email@example.com.
We think this is a neat way to get to know your neighbors. You could just say hello or invite them to worship. Either way, the love of Christ is being shared through ice cream.