Nominations Committee Training
posted on July 14
The Northwest District is excited to bring Kay Kotan back for another virtual leadership training on the Nominations Committee. Over the lunch hour (12-1 PM) on August 11, participants will discover the fullness of this leadership position and become better equipped to lead in this role. Here are a few key takeaways you can expect:
- Clarity of the role
- Shift in the nominations discernment process for leadership
- Leadership discernment resources
- Leadership development expectations
- Leadership development resources
Recording & Handouts:
Below is the link to the recording of the training and handouts. These resources are meant for you to use with your local church to help develop further understanding around this structure.
- Training Recording: Link ⇒ Passcode: nominations21!
- PowerPoint Handout: Link ⇒
- Nominations Interview Questions: Link ⇒
- Leadership Interest Form: Link ⇒
- Order books at: http://kaykotan.com/resources/
Book of Discipline Committee Paragraphs:
- 258.1. Committee on Nominations and Leadership Development
- 258.4. Committee on Finance
- 285.2 Committee on Pastor Parish Relations
- 258.3 & 2525 Committee on Trustees
- 252 Church Council
Kay Kotan’s Bio:
Kay Kotan is a coach and consultant specializing in church revitalization and new faith communities. She is a CoachU and Advanced Coach U Graduate, an accredited coach (Professional Certified Coach – PCC) of the International Coaching Federation (ICF), Certified Path 1 Coach, and once served on the faculty at Coaching4Clergy. Kay has authored more than a dozen books on church leadership and transformation. As a passionate lay person, Kotan has served as a director on conference staffs and has been privileged to work with churches, pastors, conferences, districts, and judicatory leaders across the country. She is most proud to be the wife of Bob and the mother of their adult son, Cameron.
More information about Kay and her books: http://kaykotan.com