Pastoral Evaluations - Due May 10th
posted on May 06
It is pastoral evaluation time! Every pastor appointed to a church must complete an evaluation, no matter if they are full-time, part-time, licensed, lay or an elder. Please fill out the appropriate and follow the instructions on the form. Please send signed evaluation forms to the District office no later than May 10, 2021. NEW in 2021: All pastors (including associates) will need to sign up for an evaluation appointment with the DS to review their self-evaluation and PPR evaluation.
Purpose of Evaluations:
Per BOD ¶ 349.1 “Evaluation is a continuous process for formation in servant ministry and servant leadership that must take place in a spirit of understanding and acceptance. Evaluation serves as a process for pastors to assess their effectiveness in ministry and to discern God's call to continue in ministry. For clergy serving local churches, the district superintendent, in consultation with the pastor-parish relations committee, will evaluate annually each clergy’s effectiveness for ministry, using criteria, processes, and training developed by the Cabinet and the Board of Ordained Ministry.”
- Pastor Self-Evaluation – This is to be filled out by the senior pastor only and reviewed with the PPR. Click here to download the form.
- PPR Evaluation – This is to be filled out by the PPR committee only and reviewed with the pastor. Click here to download the form.
- Associate Evaluation – This is to be filled out by the associate pastor, reviewed with the Senior pastor and signed by the PPR chair. Click here to download the form.
- All Churches receiving a new pastor in July do not need to fill out an evaluation form.
- All Pastors who are retiring, moving out of, or moving into new appointments in the district do not need to fill out an evaluation form.
All evaluations must be signed and received by the district office May 10, 2021. We accept paperwork electronically (via email or fax) or via mail. If you send it electronically, sending a hard copy is not required.
Evaluation with District Superintendent:
Pastors, please be sure to sign up for a time throughout May and June to have a one-on-one evaluation with your District Superintendent, Rev. Melissa Dodd. For Full-time and all Associate (Part-time and Full-time) Pastors, we are offering virtual options, via Zoom, or in-person options (masks will be required) at the District Office in Cameron (401-B, Cameron, MO 64429). Part-time clergy will have their in-person peer group evaluations at Cameron UMC (201 N. Pine St., Cameron, MO 64429) .